I recently visited Snapdocs to see how good their Notaries are. I called a dozen or so to sort of dip my toe in the water so to speak. Here are some quick facts based on my experience:
1. Snapdocs mostly brand new Notaries. New Notaries are often very enthusiastic and excited about learning.
2. The # of signings listed on Snapdocs is not an accurate number. It reflects how many loans were signed through their affiliation with Snapdocs and not in total.
3. Many of the numbers I called on Snapdocs were disconnected
4. Many of the Notaries on Snapdocs do not answer their phone.
5. Most of the Notaries on Snapdocs are not listed on other Notary directories which is refreshing.
6. Information on profiles on Snapdocs is very limited
7. Snapdocs has a very good document downloading system and we’ve heard they have a good loan assignment dispatch system as well.
8. Snapdocs is very popular and has thousands of Notaries on their site which is unusual for such a new notary directory (except for the new directories that copied all of our listings and then went out of business.)
I don’t know if I would recommend for or against Snapdocs, but they are the only Notary directory that has caught on since 123notary became popular in 2002 — and that is exciting! Let’s see where their newly found success takes them.
You might also like:
More on Snapdocs, the Uber of the Notary industry
Has anyone used Snapdocs?
State of the Notary Industry Union Address
October Signing Company Gossip