This story was given to us by a female Wisconsin Notary Public Signing Agent. We embellished a little to make the story a little bit more interesting than this Notary in Wisconsin dictated.
I had called the borrowers the previous day to confirm the signing. The wife picked up and said that our appointed time of 7:30pm would be fine. It seemed like a very normal phone call. I was very unaware of the fact that there would be some serious “gender issues” with this signing. I received a call at 2am from the crazy wife. She was screaming and yelling at me at the top of her lungs. She asked me why her husband was cheating on her with me. She must have thought I was the mistress.
The next day I arrived for the signing. The wife had postponed the signing from 7:30pm to 9:30pm so she would at least know where her husband was during that nightly hour. Needless to say it was the most awkward Wisconsin notary signing in the world. There was a cold silence the entire signing. No questions were asked. The husband and wife hardly looked at each other, and never looked directly at me. We didn’t finish the signing until 11pm.
After we were done with “The signing of silence”, I walked back to my car which was in the driveway. I saw another car driving very slowly outside with its lights off. Hmmm. I couldn’t make out who was in it, but whomever it was, they had “big hair.” The only thought that ran through my head was, “Gee, I wonder who that person is…”
(1) When she called the borrowers, the wife picked up and thought the notary was the mistress!
(2) I was very unaware of the fact that there would be some serious “gender issues” with the signing!
(3) When I called the borrowers, the wife picked up and thought I was the mistress! I’m the notary!
(4) Notary: “I’m not the mistress, I’m the notary!”
Wife: “Then why were u driving late last night w/ur lights off?”
(5) The wife had postponed the signing from 7:30 to 9:30pm so she would know where her husband was at that nightly hour.
(6) After we were done w/the “signing of silence,” I saw a car driving slow w/their lights turned off. #mistress
(7) Wife: “Are you the notary or the mistress?” Notary: “I’m the notary, the mistress isn’t coming until later on (I guess)”
(8) Needless to say, it was the most awkward Wisconsin notary signing in the world.
You might also like:
Funniest things that happen to signing agents
Notarization with a rock climber & sky diver
Moonshine and catfish at a signing