123Notary

Notary Blog – Signing Tips, Marketing Tips, General Notary Advice – 123notary.com Control Panel

May 29, 2018

Notary Felons — whose dilemma is it?

Filed under: Technical & Legal — admin @ 11:01 am

It has come to my attention that when I quiz Notaries, only 30% give Oaths regularly, and the other 70% do not. Of the 30% who claim they administer Oaths, the Oaths are normally irrelevant and incorrect. It is really only about 10% of Notaries who sign up on our site who give correct and relevant Oaths with a degree of proficiency. So, why is this a problem? Nobody is checking up on us, right? Generally right.

When a loan is called into court (which doesn’t happen that often) the Judge might ask the Notary if he/she indeed administered an Oath to the borrower. If the Notary says no, or has no proficiency at giving Oaths in front of the Judge, the Notary could be accused of Perjury.

Lying under Oath can be considered perjury. However, filling out a Jurat that says “sworn to me” when in fact nobody swore to anything at the Notarial transaction — can be considered perjury on the part of the Notary Public. This is a federal crime with a possible jail sentence of up to five years per incident. Yet, Notaries throughout the nation are going about committing perjury almost every time they do a signing without a care in the world. This is a serious legal matter that you should be concerned with.

Why am I concerned with this? Because I am advertising people who might be felons. I cannot prove who the felons are or when they committed a felony, but it seems that many of our notaries based on my quiz are committing perjury on Jurats on an almost daily basis. If they were audited, they might go to jail.

I did not realize I was doing business with a criminal class of people, but that is the case. Please be an expert at Oaths, because I am not confident about listing Notaries who are engaged in serious crimes such as perjury which is what you are committing when you sign a statement saying you administered an Oath when you did not.

If I find out that you do not give Oaths, I might have to remove your listing temporarily or permanently.

Share
>

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *